Wednesday 21 May 2014

How we Met...

In summer 2010, i moved houses and was a newbie in the area. I had to find a church to worship at and it was quite difficult for me to find one that was close to home so i wont get lazy to go to church during winter.
Well, i found a church right at the back of my house, I attended just one service and I felt it was just too quiet for me. LOL. So i left and started my search again. My mom told me to find a RCCG branch near me so i decided to hunt down one. At last, I found one suitably located from my house, I was excited. That church was the beginning of our journey to being friends.
I met dimples in church but we did not become friends instantly. I was introduced to the Singles Department of the church and i got introduced to dimples officially, however we still did not talk to each other.

I was walking with two of my friends in uni one day and I saw dimples from afar, I was shocked and surprised to say the least. I did not know he attended the same university as I did. I did not want to say hi, I contemplated this while walking and just thought okay, I will walk pass him and pretend I did not see him, afterall I am shortsighted and I was not wearing my glasses. But no, that was not God's plan oo. By the time he got in front of me, we had our first ever conversation:

Dimples: Hi, your Jackie from church
Me: *Smiling*
Dimples: So you attend this uni?
Me: Yes, I do and you?
Dimples: Yes
Me: Okay *awkward silence*
Dimples: Okay see you around
Me: Okay you too. Bye

My two friends: Who was that? What was that about?
Me: I don't know, he is someone I know from my church
My friends: Hmm okay,lets go.

And that was our first conversation. However, we still ignored each other abit but if our paths crossed we did say hi to each other and apparently according to dimples, I bullied him at a point and he just thought this girl is weird, let me stay away..LOL.* I am not weird*
Anyway, our 'hi' grew into friendship along the line to 'how are you' and blossomed into more detailed conversations.
We became friends,we always encouraged each other, started praying together, doing bible studies, talking on phone etc. In fact, I will say we grew to becoming bestfriends till date.

Till this day, we are both grateful to God for making our paths cross to blossom into friendship and much more....

May God grant you friends (no matter the sex) that will help you discover yourself and influence you positively.

Love,
Jackie


No comments:

Post a Comment