Friday 23 May 2014

Relationship to Getting Engaged....

Hi Everyone,

Hope you have all had a good week and looking forward to a nice weekend ahead. Just make sure you do something fun for the weekend, go out, stay indoors, either way just have fun and remain positive.

I will continue from the previous post, hope you stayed glued to the end of that long post. Sorry ehn, I could not help it....

In July 2013, something was brewing in Dimples mind, I did not suspect him (well am a detective, LOL so i always suspect him if he's up to something but this time i did not, blame it on Msc exam and project).
He planned for us to go for a retreat together. I was happy as I enjoy time out in God's presence. I was even overjoyed when he said 'Babe, we will go to the beach from the retreat centre as well' I was very excited and looking forward to the trip.
We got to the retreat place on friday, we ate, prayed, studied, sang, walked around, talked. We just had fun on this day. Night time, we said goodnight and went to our rooms and I was so excited to go to the beach in the morning. (Don't mind me, I love beaches sooooooo much).

On Saturday, I was so excited and he was just laughing like is it beach that is making you all giddy? Anyways, we drove down to the beach from the retreat centre, it was a beautiful day, the sun was shinning down on us :) We were also to meet up with my brother's friends (They are like my family, so I might refer to them as 'our brothers') at the beach too, unfortunately my brother had to work so he could not come down.
When Dimples and I got there, we walked around, talked, we just had fun while waiting for our brothers to come. Later, I noticed he was in a hurry for them to come but I just thought he wanted to maximise the day out.
So when our brothers came, we walked towards the pier (I think its the longest pier in the world? Southend Beach). We were all walking on the pier, having fun, brothers in front walking, us at the back, holding hands (as usual). I was enjoying this until the bubble burst oo. Suddenly, Dimples said 'Babe, we need to run to the end of the pier' . I was very confused, so I said, but who is chasing us? Why do we have to run? We paid to walk not run right? What if i fall down or fall into the water? Do you remember I cannot swim? And all Dimples said was just trust me and I said bros, I trust you but my fear of falling off will not let me run, by this time he was getting upset and our brothers too were like they cannot understand why i wont run. So i told them to run, I Jackie will walk, so I kept walking and left them behind debating.

As I walked on, I heard a song playing (Dejavu moment happened to me as I remembered I heard that same song on Dimples Ipad and he kept playing it the night before) So I stopped walking because I could here Dimples saying wait wait. I turned around and Lo and behold, he was singing the song and walking towards me. I was shocked and confused as to why he was singing. He kept singing and walking towards me (by this time, there were few people walking on the pier so it was private), when he got to my front, he got on one knee, I saw a plane flying over us carrying a banner with the inscription *Jackie (erm, with my birthname) will you marry me, by this time i was emotional, then he said some adorable words (I think I remember hearing, I know you are the one for me, will you be my wife and mother of my kids, he did say more than that but thats all I heard), and then I said yes yes yes!!! And we finally made it to the end of the pier and i did not have to run.

When we got to the end of the pier, I was made to understand that the plane was meant to be at the end of the pier hence why they needed me to run and I also realised why our brothers came...to give support.

After the proposal, we went to the theme park, we had one of the best milkshakes I have ever tasted at one of the stores there, we went on the rides, and he played a game and won me my despicable me teddy (I think I recently watched the movie at that time and loved the banananaa potato song).
Overall, it was a lovely day, I enjoyed myself and loved (still do) the proposal.
So this is how our journey continued....from friendship to relationship to getting engaged.....Thank God for all.

Dimples, someday you will read this(I suspect you will find me someday), I love you very much and can't wait to say yes all over again to you in the presence of our loved ones.

*Remember to smile and live
*Put God first in all you do

Love,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment