Thursday 29 May 2014

...So Am Engaged, What Next?

Hey Everyone,

How are you? Hope your day has been going well?How was your weekend? How is work? School? Family? Church? Did anyone do anything fun?
Well for me, my week has been great, I am actually meant to be preparing for my professional exams but I just cannot be bothered at the moment, LOL.

So yes, I am engaged (actually, we are engaged...)
Sharing the news with our loved ones was so exciting, my mom kept saying 'Dimples, you are now a man'. LOL whatever that means, I do not know. I also shared the news with my close pals too and I was shocked to find out some of them knew about Dimples plan. Oh well, am grateful for great friends who did not spoil the surprise for me but i was still upset they did not tell me something was brewing...yes,yes I was upset.

Prior to meeting Dimples, I have always followed several blogs (I am an addict, a silent reader), Some of the blogs I follow are wedding blogs :) and some of these blogs helped me alot in planning my cousin's wedding in 2011. So you can imagine when it came to planning, I had enough resources to look at (Some expensive ideas, Some not too expensive ideas, in fact all these blogs have different ideas).
So I was relaxed that I can get my hands on anything I want when am ready. So I did not plan anything for the first few months, besides I had to worry about my Msc project and re-writing an exam, so there was no time to plan.

I used to wear alot of fashion rings back in the days, but engagement ring was different for me, I pampered my ring and took care of it like an egg because I did not want it missing! I actually used to remove the ring when I am in the kitchen washing up or cooking, I remove it when I want to sleep (actually that is because I always have tendency to scratch myself from sleep..yes, i do alot). This over pampering stopped when Dimples told me one day on the phone 'Babe, you do realize the ring is insured?' You should have heard my shout for joy, LOL. So from that day, I gave it less pampering although my ring is very dear to me....:)

I was still basking in the euphoria of the latest engagee (erm, is there a word like that?) and then questions started coming up in August about dates and planning as some of my close pals wanted to start saving for Naija Ticket. Well, we did not have a date  and Dimples was not ready to choose one yet, so we just kept waiting and praying.
I got the shocker from my friend in the US, I call her *mosquito (her voice) told me, I had to start looking at wedding gowns as I need at least 6months to order and process. I actually thought she was joking, but I kid you not, she had worked in a bridal store and knew what she was saying.

Well, with all the questions, I downloaded an app on my phone called Guides for Brides Planner on my Phone ( I had to download twice as the first time I deleted it when it gave me a very long list of things to do and how far behind I was as at October, I did not want no app to make me panic so I deleted it and got it again when we were sure of our dates). Apart from the app, I also started looking at all the wedding blogs* I know to get an idea of what I want our day to look like.

However, Dimples and I had small small conversation regarding wedding before I started full planning. Sometimes when he comes visiting, our conversations are like this:

Me: *Big smile* So babe do you think this colour will go?
Dimples: Woman, I am hungry, at least feed a man first
Me: But it is our wedding,we have to know colours
*dishing food and talking*
Dimples: You know my favourite colour so use that
Me: But that is unfair, I do not have a favourite colour
Dimples: Okay,so what do you want?
Me: Smiles, I like blue...
Dimples: Ok, go for blue and something
Me: But you have not asked me what type of blue?
Dimples: What do you mean what type of blue?
Me: Baby, I have researched, blue comes in ocean blue,pool blue,royal blue, light blue, sky blue, turquoise blue, tiffany blue...do you want me to go on?
Dimples: No, please let me know when you decide which blue, am okay with blue.

LOOOOL...so that is an excerpt of colour conversation....it amazes me how some men think colours ends with red, black, grey, white.....

Which reminds me, Dimples and I went to visit our mutual friend who recently got married. We were looking at the wedding album, and husband said he is wearing a Navy blue suit and the wife was so confused and said No love, I told you get a Navy blue suit, You bought a black suit....they are different colours...He argued that its similar...the wife and I gave up on him..

The next series of posts will be all about planning process and things we have done, not done, yet to do...Everything planning, I will share with you by God's Grace



*Some of the blogs I stalk are: Bella Naija, Aisle Perfect, Everything Weddings and More, Wedding feferity, Nigerian Weddings, Wedding Digest Nigeria.


Have a nice day ahead and remember to smile,no matter how difficult it is right now, things will work out for your good in Jesus name. Amen.

Love,
Jackie


No comments:

Post a Comment